Thread: Video games!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 08:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
My whole family teased me about my hours when I played SDV- my son is on steam and he can see my play hours so he was usually the one to roast me about it. I played whenever I had free time. Or laundry to do. Or when I should have been sleeping. It's very immersive and addictive. I have a hard time just playing "a little bit" so when I kind of hit a wall in the game, I took a break and plan to get back into it over Thanksgiving/Christmas break when the kids aren't on my computer all day for school (I homeschool 2 high schoolers who don't have their own computers ). It's good for me to take a break sometimes, though!

I remember when I was newly married I got totally addicted and immersed in Sims. I especially loved building the houses and making the families. Stardew reminds me of that but there is a purpose behind it all, which I actually love even more.

I'm all for the Steam Deck, but Ben would rather have a gaming laptop. I personally think gaming laptops are a waste of money and we don't have room for another desk top computer in our small house (also- the kids don't have computers in their rooms... long story but I had an experience as a teen and I just think it's best for the computers to be in a shared space).

Another cozy game that's kind of addictive but not as much of a long haul (it does kind of "end" and you won't get sucked in endlessly) is Littlewood. SUPER cute farming type game, similar mechanics to SDV, pixel graphics, fun little story. Maybe try that first?

ETA: There's a character in Stardew named Robin and she puts you to work... you totally need her the most of any character, kind of a bad ass boss lady. Reminds me of someone...
HAHA!! That last comment is everything!

thanks for all the tips! I will get sucked into it for sure. So it's dangerous. But I'll check the other one you mentioned as well.

Oh the Sims... I played many hours as a teenager. I didn't know where the days went.

Robin, thanks for the sales date and the tip on what to do to be notified.