View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically.

Before having kids I scrapped whatever, wherever. I scrapped because I loved the creative expression. Now I scrap to document my kids lives. I feel like it's so much more important now for me to document our lives for them (especially if god forbid I am not around one day, I want them to know everything). I am concentrating on the past 3 years, but it's thousands of photos. I'm working forwards from my pregnancy and backwards from today. Trying to keep the current stuff from piling up while also back tracking and doing all their baby book/childhood stuff. So I sort of attack it from both ends.

I will also do what ever kit or template inspires me most that particular day and what season we are currently in plays a huge roll in what I want to work on. As of today i just sent off my last 20 pages that needed to be printed, so I am caught up from the printing angle. I have all my pages in a temporary album out of order, but ultimately I will have all my albums in some sort of chronological order.

I think starting in January I'd like to try doing months in review type spreads.