View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 05:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Dreaded EHD Crash

The EHD that I had hooked up to my desktop PC took a crap a few weeks ago. Of course, at first I panicked just because, well, it's scary not to be able to see those files (I know every person that reads this will understand ).
I have used Backblaze for years - so ordered an EHD to be sent to me as I've had to in the past.
It arrived a few days ago and the drive is corrupt. I'm so frustrated! After going back and forth with them via chat (because for the life of me I cannot find a phone # to call to actually speak with someone!) for 3 or 4 days they now tell me they'd give me credit and I should order another one. Obviously I'm waiting for the credit before ordering another.
In the meantime with DSD coming up I thought I'd restore a bunch of photos. Once the restore was ready they recommended downloading the Backblaze Download App - supposed to be faster. I've been struggling to get that downloaded because it won't take my password (which I'm 100% sure is correct).
Not a great experience whatsoever with them - but I guess the important thing is my files are safe!!