View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 05:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love museums! I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City back in 1987, and even though my friend and I didn't get through it all, it's probably my favorite. There is so much to that museum, and I especially loved the Tiffany windows and all the Monet paintings - he's my favorite artist.

When I lived in San Antonio as a young girl, we often went to the McNay Art Museum both as a field trip and with my family. My mom always gave me money so I could buy the postcards with paintings on them. I probably still have them somewhere. I went a few times as an adult after I moved back there after college.

The San Antonio Museum of Art is another wonderful museum. I remember going there as an adult with my parents. We loved seeing the 5,000-year-old Egyptian things. It blew my mind that I was looking at things that old.

In the DFW area, I love the Kimbell Art Museum. My SIL is a member so she keeps us informed of special exhibits. It was there that I saw several of my favorite Monet paintings, including Water Lilies, and On the Terrace by Renoir, also one of my favorites -- Impressionism is my favorite art period. I also saw some of Van Gogh's famous paintings, including his self-portrait. I couldn't believe I got to see these in person!

Two of the best museums that we've seen for dinosaurs are the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History on the campus of the University of Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma, and the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas. We had gone to the Perot to see a special dinosaur exhibit, but it wasn't nearly as wonderful as their permanent exhibit.

The Louvre is on my bucket list.