View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Sara, you have my prayers as well. As a person with cancer, I hope it is okay to give you some advice I wish I had gotten at my diagnosis.

While you are wise to stay away from the internet until you have an official diagnosis, once you have that, please do some research into the type of cancer, treatment options and the doctors in your area. Most likely you will be your husband's advocate, so you will need to be armed with as much knowledge as you can gather.

Never be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to in order to be comfortable with the next step in the treatment program. Get second opinions and even third ones if necessary. Make sure your husband eats healthy and does some light exercising to keep his body as fit as possible for and during treatment; it will also help lift his spirits. Think positive thoughts; my oncologist tells me that cancer feeds on negativity and I believe him. Visualize your husband being cancer free.

When it all gets to be too much, lean on the people who love you. They will be there for you and they will want to help you and your husband through this. God bless and keep you both.