View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 01:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

See, this is why I shared with you all. You have made me feel so much better about all this. Intuitive and compassionate are much better words!

The hammer thing got me too. But her parents were very abusive, so she may have had experiences that make that seem okay? Honestly, my son takes care of all the living things at their house because she loses interest in animals after the baby stage. He will also be the main caregiver of the baby, since he works from home which I think is a very good thing. Don't get me wrong, DIL is a really good, caring person, but she is best with babies and the elderly. In between those two stages, for both animals and people, she is less enamored.

To be fair to my son, he laughs at me, but agrees with what I do and thought it was great at the time that Cocoa got to pick her friend. He just thinks I am too kind hearted and tend to spoil people and pets. He tells me to try not to spoil the baby and I just laugh.

After they lived with me this summer, their dog Rosie, decided not to move with them. She became so attached to me and Jelly, that she made it clear she didn't want to leave. And Jelly and I did not want her to leave either.

Now, when they come to visit, she is excited to see them and enjoys their company, but when they get ready to leave, she runs to me. They both feel a bit betrayed, but like my son says, he gets it. I give my "babies" a good life. Now Rosie is a little too fat, happy and sassy, just like Jelly and me. LOL

My DIL calls her a little traitor all the time. I tell her she just knows where the good food, homemade dog food, and big yard, fenced in with a doggy door to it, are. Plus I play with her everyday, which they did not do that much.

My son has asked me not to steal the baby away, and I told him that I was already making a bedroom for him so he can stay as much as he wants. But he will have to go home at some point because I do have to work. Otherwise, I couldn't make any promises. LOL

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 01-23-2024 at 01:15 PM.