View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 07:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Prompt: 24
My best friend does a simple, classy, festive display on her mantle each month. I captured this image when we had dinner together shortly after New Year's ... a perfect shot for the prompt "24".

Prompt: layers
Cold weather in Texas means it's time to whip up a pot full of chili. Beans or no beans, pre-made seasoning mix or seasoned by hand, as long as it meat and tomato sauce and is lovely and warm, it's all good. Before I stirred it all up, I captured this image of the layers of ingredients in my crock-pot.

Prompt: self portrait
My mantra for 2024 is "don't wait until things are perfect to take the photo." Which is why the night before my birthday, as I sat in bed recovering from a week-long stomach flu, I decided to capture a self portrait - despite the fact I looked like death warmed over. This is real life.

Prompt: cold
We had a wicked cold front descend on us in Dallas this past weekend. My Maltese-Yorkshire Terrier mix, Charlie, loves to roam and explore our half-acre backyard; we usually give him daytime access through his dog door, but with a wind chill of 5 below, I was keeping the door firmly blocked. He was insistent, though, so I wrestled him into a thick sweatshirt and followed him outside. His unhappiness with his outerwear changed the moment that frigid wind came whipping through the yard. And I promptly shot this photo and went back inside. Brrrr!

Prompt: snuggle
This shot makes a good follow-up to the "cold" image of Charlie - here he is that night, all snuggled into his dog bed, covered by not one but two fuzzy blankets, his head burrowed into his pillow. The epitome of "snuggle".

Prompt: new beginning
There's all kinds of new beginnings you can capture in the month of January. This one has nothing to do with the new year - it's my next sewing project. I'm finally going to make myself a much-needed winter coat from a blue brushed bull denim, lined with this vibrant charmeuse print and interlined with thick cotton flannel.