View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I jokingly (not jokingly) made a resolution at 10:30 pm Dec 31 that our family would have NO trips to the hospital/ER this year.

That lasted 12 hours into the new year. I gave the dog a bath, she got out of the tub and shook herself off (as dogs do when they're wet) and when I got up off my knees next to the tub to go get her the floor was wet. I went one way, my knee twisted the other way. Took me 20 minutes to get off the floor with hubby and my daughter's help, and another 25 minutes to get down the stairs (we have a 2-storey house).

Nearly 10 hours in the ER later (they were super short staffed), I found out I did not break my knee, thankfully. I did however sprain it really bad. I'm to be non-weight bearing for a week or more, brace for 2-4 weeks and physio to recover. Not really how I wanted to start the year!

Hope you can enjoy scrapping, reading and tv binging as you heal. What a way to start off the new year...yikes.

I have a general direction in how I would like 2024 to go. I am transitioning into more of a mediterranean style plan of eating (I loved it when I was over there this fall). Low carb has worked for me for a long time but since my BP had gotten high, I thought it was time to make some changes.

I want to focus on me...start getting outdoors more, hike with the dogs and go on more photo walks. I want to read more (which I started getting back into in the quiet moments as we were packing and moving). I get up in the morning now and aside from quickly checking my phone, I stay off-line for a few hours, watching the sunrise, reading and enjoying morning coffee.

I also want to get out more and socialize which we didn't do a lot of in Kamloops the 1.5 yrs we were there. We are heading out next week for dinner and drinks in a neighborhood pub with other locals and I joined a 12 week birding course to discover the multitude of parks around me and meet other wildlife photographers. Then I'll join the 12 week spring course too. Now that I don't work, I should have time to fit in all the things I want to do.