Thread: Video games!
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 06:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
I haven't played Fresh Start Kiana, but I've had my eye on it. The same company makes a similar game called No Place Like Home where you vacuum up trash on a planet to clean it up, start a farm, take care of critters, etc. I think those games are similar to House Flipper which is also fun.

Emily bought Fae Farm on the Switch for me for Christmas and I have been LOVING it! You wash up on an island town that has magical happenings going on, you help the characters solve those problems all while gathering resources, farming, cooking, you have a house and a farm you can decorate, mines / dungeons to explore. The graphics are beautiful, the fairies and magic are a fun twist, and I've been really enjoying it.

Cozy games are just nice bits of storytelling, less intense game play (no or very easy combat), pretty graphics... it's a whole vibe.

I've been gaming since I was a kid, so I play a little bit of everything... but cozy games have really taken off since Animal Crossing was released during covid and I am LOOOVING it! Animal Crossing was my sanity during covid and creating a beautiful island made my creative aesthetic heart happy haha Fae Farm is scratching a similar itch.
That's what I was thinking cozy games were.
I've been gaming since I was young too. But mostly the intense games, and now as an adult I need to tone it down, but even Super Mario was getting too much, so when I beat it finally which took FOR_EV_ER!!!! lol....I just had to stop.

So I think these cozy games will be what I need. .....lol

If anyone is on Switch....I'd love to connect as I get started with Fresh Start and look into some of the other cozy games mentioned here!!!!!!!