View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 11:14 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

I'm not a super sentimental person either Lorie. I like what I like and when I don't like it anymore... I'm fine passing it along to someone else, donating it, or leaving the "tradition" behind. I don't hold on to things.

My kids have never been huge on traditional Thanksgiving dinner. In fact, we did our Turkey day on Monday with everyone and it was the first time (now that they're adults) that we actually did a turkey, sides, etc. kind of meal. And it was our first BIG family meal in the new house, so it was wonderful!! They all loved it and it was like this weird "OMG you're growing up" and are more open to trying new foods. It was great and they loved it rather than resisting it and saying "eww!"

Buuuuut... our "traditional" Christmas dinner is taquitos with salsa and avocado dip because the kids just like that better than the usual feast with all the trimmings haha We've done it that way for years and wouldn't change a thing, so I say totally do the grazing thing!! It's so easy-going, offers something for everyone and the clean-up is a breeze!