View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 10:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have absolutely no Thanksgiving rituals or traditions besides having lunch with my immediate family for a couple hours that Thursday so I tend to gloss over it and launch immediately into Christmas on November 1. Hubby took me Christmas decor shopping tonight as a matter of fact.

I received a gift card from work after I got married this fall so with Hubby's blessing to use it all on myself, I bought a 7 foot rainbow unicorn Christmas tree and hot pink lights for my office. It was delivered today so I'll have him put it up this weekend when we put up the rest of the decorations. We don't usually put up decorations until Thanksgiving weekend but I just feel extra cheer-y & extra grateful this year and want to revel in an extra-long season. Having been married to a Grinch for 14 years and now being married to someone who loves Christmas almost as much as I do just makes me so happy!

We will go to the tree farm the day after Christmas to cut down our tree & decorate it once we get home. We will decorate my parents' tree sometime Thanksgiving weekend depending on how everyone's schedule works out.