View Single Post
Old 10-22-2023, 01:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
My MIL collects them...years ago she collected a Santa and Mrs. Claus ornament set of him getting ready to fly out. She gifted those to us.
She recently has collected bird ornaments
That's sweet that she gifted them to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I love Hallmark ornaments, but you're right, they are getting so expensive.

When DH & I were first dating, Hallmark Ornaments were about all you could find on base in Japan, so I have a lot from then, and when our daughter was born, we started her on the Messenger Fairy series. She'll be getting her 19th this year. https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/k...99QGO2789.html

When the first DS was born, I wanted to start him on a series too, and I thought it was Santa's, but it turned out to be nutcrackers, so he just gets a Santa ornament every year, sometimes from Hallmark, sometimes somewhere else. Second DS gets Snowmen, again sometimes Hallmark, sometimes other places.

And in 2020 I started a "Disney" Tree and they have the best Disney ornaments! I have to stop myself this year though, since we went to Disney in February, I got several from the parks, so this year I've gotten an Oliver & Doger ornament and planning to get Robin Hood & Maid Marian.

I buy entirely too many ornaments! LOL!
Our ornaments are kind of like a scrapbook of what happened each year. I love them memories they bring when we're pulling them out and putting them on the tree.

Disney ornaments are some of my favorite! When we lived near Disneyland, the kids would pick an ornament each year. I still get a "couples" Disney ornament each year for hubby and me.