View Single Post
Old 09-18-2023, 10:08 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Put me in the wagon too. It's a daily struggle for me too.

For me, I want to lose the pregnancies weight, which is around 8-10kg. Before the second pregnancy, I managed to lose some of the first pregnancy weight and was feeling really great about it. I did a regular weekly swimming and daily walking around doing my chores, as well as intermittent fasting and less carbo diet.
The fasting starts at 8pm at night and ends at 12 (lunch time) every day. As for the diet, my resolution at the time was to not eat rice (because rice is a big part of our food here), during the weekday and to drink 3L of water daily. I was happy with my body, my moods were significantly better and my knees and back stopped hurting.

And then... second pregnancy came, and covid and being stuck far away from hubby. Long story short, I have 10 kg of the weight still stuck with me, even after 3 years of giving birth.
Currently, I am on the fasting again, but the elimination of rice is still a struggle, as I basically share what I eat with our daughter. I have yet to return to swimming weekly, but I have been jogging at home for 30 minutes 5 times in a week. But all of these things did not start all at once. I add things little by little. Also, the fact that I have weekend to let 'loose' gives me incentives, though I am now used to the idea of no eating after 8pm. The intermittent fasting somewhat has grown on me.

So, all in all, I'll say start small, start with changing one thing and stick to it. After it becomes a habit, then add another thing. I know it does not always work (right away), but at least we are making changes bit by bit towards the better.