View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 10:57 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
I have quite the collection of cookbooks. I did go through them when we moved around 5 years ago and donated some. But, I bought more since then. I think I haven't bought a new one in a few years, though. I'm always hoping to find one that is "the one." Not yet, though. lol

Years ago I seemed to be acquiring a number of bird decorations as gifts. Yes, I do like birds and bird knick-knacks but I wasn't asking for them. I guess when people don't know what to get you, they latch onto an idea when it comes along. Just yesterday, Nathan walked up to me with a small iron dish (for lack of a better word) with an iron bird perched on the edge. It must have been tucked away behind something and was a little dusty. He said, "Maybe we could put some water in here for the (outside) birds." lol That thing holds maybe 1/2 cup of water. I've never been sure what to do with it. Jewelry holder? Potpourri holder? I don't know. Which is probably why it was tucked away.
I love those forced collections, like your birds and my teapots. LOL And then you feel you have to keep them because they were gifts.

What is going to make the one cookbook, the one?