Thread: Getting Older
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 03:51 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Man, you fifty something gals are so young - lol! I'll be 63 in July ... I think Lorie is right on the money ... if you take care of yourself now, it's better in the long run!! However; that said, there are still things that may pop up here and there that have nothing to do with age ... having a good attitude and outlook will surely help in those situations!
Yeah, but I'm 67! And, you are right on the money with your advice.

Any issues that you might have when you are younger but handled easily will be worse as you get older. I've had osteoarthritis in one knee for over 40 years. I was able to just wear an elastic knee brace when doing any activity. I at least still can get by with the elastic knee brace when active but I have to put an arthritic cream on my knees to loosen them up every morning. And, bending/crouching down is a no-no for me because I invariable end up on my rear end and can't get up unless I'm holding on to something to pull myself up. I just have had to adjust how I do things (because I want to avoid knee replacement surgery if possible... the orthopedic doctor told me when diagnosed with the osteoarthritis that I would be having knee surgery before I was 50).