View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 06:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I always, always look for a paper that can be used for journaling! Best case: graph type print or notebook paper with subtle lines. Next best, a non-textured white or kraft that goes with the kit. I always feel lost when there isn't a paper that works well for journaling, either because the texture is too pronounced or it's too dark. I realize I can change the text color to something lighter, but that's not my first choice! I will often resort to just recoloring the journal spot to some kind of light color that is used elsewhere in the kit, like a pocket card or word strip.

I also like large patterns that can be scaled down--like Jenny, I often resize papers to get a smaller pattern. Sometimes big, bold patterns are hard for me to use because as a template user, they get lost behind everything else! I LOVE your woodgrains and florals.
I agree with everything here - plus I struggle if there isn't some kind of white paper without a pattern that I can use for the photo frame.

I occasionally try to use a big bold background, but it's not my go-to. I usually use a plain-ish background paper but then layer patterns on top of it.