View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 02:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
We are in San Antonio Texas and the weather is amazing...except in the summer when it is over 100. The food is great and people are friendly. The city is big but in each community you have what you need so you don't feel like you are living in a huge city.
I've always thought of San Antonio as a big city, so it's nice that each community has what you need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
I grew up in southwest Michigan. I loved every minute of it. 17 years of Michigan life spoiled me on the seasons.

Senior year of high school I moved to Tennessee. I met my hubby there right after I graduated and we moved in shortly after that. I love the scenery in TN. But I've always hated the extremely hot summers and not having all 4 seasons. Spent another 17 years of my life in TN being in love, getting married, starting our family (picking up the southern accent lol)....finally in 2011, hubby was stalling in his career and we were in MI for a funeral so he decided to put some "feelers" out for jobs.

He interviewed shortly after and April of 2011 we moved to Michigan and have been back here since. Now that I'm older and my kids are almost adults I'm definitely tiring of the cold, heavy snowy winters.

If we follow my pattern, then I guess 6 more years (that will be 17yrs, ) and we'll be moving somewhere else.

lol - I don't know where I'd want to go though......
Oh wow! Tennessee would be a huge change from Michigan! And then back again?! What a change.
I've heard a lot of people say they get tired of the heavy winters. Since we never had that in CA, and don't really it here, it's hard to comprehend. I hope you find a place that you really love for the next 17 years