View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 06:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes I feel like there is absolutely NOTHING here... but that's part of what I love about it, I guess.

I grew up in Arizona, bouncing around between Phoenix, Mesa, and Apache Junction. Things were a LOT different there. I've now lived in Southeast Kansas longer than I lived in Arizona, but I still miss some things about 'home'... like the Superstition Mountains. I miss the mountains SO much!

Living here, we are a few miles outside of town. We are 10 miles from my job, and about 12-13 from my husband's. We are close enough that we don't mind driving into town for things, but far enough out that we have a lot of privacy and seclusion. We live on 10 acres and are surrounded by a lot of acreage that isn't used except to hunt on and mow for hay once a year. Our closest neighbor is 1/4 mile down the road. We can see his barn from our house but not his house or anything else. Since moving here we've gotten goats, chickens, ducks, and turkeys. We also had a miniature horse for about 4 years.

Cost of living is really reasonable here. While housing has gone up, it is still a far cry from most other areas. We aren't too far from entertainment. We can drive an hour to Joplin, Missouri. We can drive 2 hours to Tulsa, Oklahoma or Kansas City, Kansas. We don't spend a lot of money on entertainment because it does require a drive and planning but we are still close enough that it isn't too hard to go those places if we want to see a concert or something.