View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 01:39 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Part of my GGG approach was shifted due to the fact that I'd spent well over my scrapping budget during Advent, so I really had to be careful during GGG. (Thankfully, this also meant that I'd already bought a few things from the GGG sale earlier in the month).

My usual approach is:
-Add everything I want to my cart. Realize I cannot afford to buy it all.
-Consider what I'd be absolutely devastated if I didn't buy it. These are the kits that I'd for sure be thinking about months from now going "man, wish I'd bought that!" and remove things that don't fit that category.
-Look through my list again and decide what fills the biggest holes in my stash.
-End up mostly keeping templates in the cart because I know kits are going to tempt me in the upcoming season, and templates are the things that I'll get the most use out of again and again.
-Realize that I am still overspending and delete any templates that tend to have a single-use aspect to them (a very unique shape, a super seasonal niche, etc). Keep any templates that I know I can use again and again by rotating, mirroring, angling, resizing, and deleting layers on.
-Still end up overspending because of COURSE I did.
-Go back later because I know there are kits that I deleted from my cart that I'm going to want.