View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I wore it every day during my 20's to early 50's. Foundation, eye shadow, mascara, everything. Then I slowly started just wearing foundation. Then I got to the point that I never put it on for work. Who am I kidding... I started in my teens and was very upset when my luggage with my makeup got lost coming home for Florida in 1974! The horror of having to go to school without makeup the next day! A friend brought her makeup to school and I put some on before school started. LOL

These days, I might wear foundation if I'm going out to a special event. But for the most part, I am way past the point of wearing makeup. A touch of lipstick also but it never lasts long and I'm not one to always keep applying it.

I wore mineral based makeup for years. It got harder and harder to get it on so it didn't look flaky. I don't like the heaviness of cream or liquid makeup and it bothers me after a couple of hours. And, it got to the point that the eye shadows never looked right. For some reason, no matter how much I tried the makeup would not show up on one eyelid no matter how much I put on. Left eyelid was always good. Right eyelid wasn't. So having 2 eyes that looked different.... not cool!

Not to mention that I wear glasses. I can see without them but not good enough to put on eye makeup and mascara.

I've actually been thinking that it might be time to clean out the makeup drawer since I haven't worn it in years. I do have one liquid foundation that I can wear if needed.
I am 55 and have recently started wearing makeup less and less. Part of it is the pandemic and that I never go anywhere but also I think I've come the realization that no one cares what I look like! I can't decide if no one EVER cared what I looked like (after the teen and dating years, at least) or if you just hit a certain age where people are like -- oh, she's old so it's irrelevant.

I did purge a LOT of makeup recently. But I also found a mineral makeup that I like a lot for my "older" skin that I don't think looks flakey -- the Laura Geller Baked foundation.