View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 11:24 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I'm a spreadsheet girl, 100% ... but cataloging my supplies seems like a huge undertaking lol
lol, you're right it is a huge undertaking. When I started my spreadsheet, I didn't catalog previous purchases: I started by only including new purchases/CT kits as I got them. Then, whenever I searched my Kits folder (for a specific kit or a specific item--or to make sure I hadn't already bought a kit I was looking at in the store lol), I'd add the kits that I browsed to the spreadsheet. That made it more manageable of a task AND it helped me get to know my stash.

Now I don't buy anything unless I have the time to unzip and catalog the same day I purchase stuff. Nothing sits in my Downloads folder*. It helps me use what I buy and it's just fun to see all my goodies! I also have a PREVIEWS folder so that's another step: tagging the preview and adding a copy to my PREVIEWS folder.

*Sometimes big sales or events, like DSD, mean purchases sit for a day or two cuz I'm busy scrapping and chatting etc. But I try to get organized asap after all the fun!