View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 11:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Homeschooling is great for kids who don't fit into the typical "box" of school. We were able to adapt curriculum, requirements and even testing. For example, my son who has dysgraphia (extreme difficulty writing) could type his assignments at an early age or I'd quiz him orally.

So much good information here. I'd definitely try to find other local families, it helps to have a community to bounce ideas off of and get together with.

We graduated 2 from homeschool (can't believe we're a former homeschooling family).

There's a lot of great info here. The only other things I'd add is to not be afraid to scrap a curriculum and try something else if something doesn't work for you. No matter how much research you do sometimes things are just not what you thought they'd be. Check out Amazon, eBay and homeschool group curriculum sales for used curriculum - you can save a ton of money that way. When my kids got older I enrolled in a homeschool co-op for science and english. That way someone else was the "bad guy" giving them due dates and tests!

It can be rewarding but also very hard. Give yourself some slack and if you have a really, really bad day, try again tomorrow!