View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Scrapping is one of my main things I do for me. I usually spend at least a few minutes a night on it, and if I'm lucky I get a few hours.

I listen to audiobooks while I do monotonous chores like washing dishes and folding laundry.

When I can only spare a few minutes but need a mental break, I browse scrapbook layouts or planner inspiration on Instagram. Sometimes I go through my phone's photo gallery deleting photos so that I'm only copying the best to my computer and don't have to waste as much valuable computer time on photo organization.

This last one is new, and I have my fingers crossed that it will last. For years DH has worked long hours, and he finally decided enough is enough. He now comes home early (by which I mean 6:30 pm, after leaving for work at 7 am) two nights a week. On those nights, one of us does dinner and bedtime for all 3 kids while the other gets a few hours off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I get all my work done during the day so that once the kids are in bed, I can do what I want. Chores and errands can wait; alone time cannot.
That's always been my policy from the time we first had kids. Otherwise I was busy with the kids and house 24/7 and my only "break" was the little bit of sleep I managed to get. (Luckily things are much better now that they're older.) Whatever housework gets done during the day is *all* that gets done. After the kids go to bed I won't do house chores. A few nights a week I have lesson planning for my class that has to get done, but on other nights I scrap or do something I enjoy.