View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We use a desktop until we can't update it any longer. Usually somewhere around 10 years. We don't spend a lot to update either. My husband does the work and keeps them running smoothly (them being 3 PC desktops at home). - Laptop we use until it is just too old to update any longer. Then we still continue to use it. LOL We're using a 9 year old Dell. DH did pick up a Toshiba from a facebook group that is a little newer and runs well. A laptop for us is no more than a tablet, its really just to browse the internet on. We don't 'work' from a laptop. I find laptops completely awkward. I need a full sized keyboard, mouse, large monitor, etc.

These days we mostly update due to necessity. We're past the days of updating out of desire. I can't justify the expense. This is also why we are PC people. We started with PC back in '95 when we got our first computer together. We never even considered a Mac until I began using Macs at work. I find that there are some features I really like but not enough to pay such a huge difference in price when the hardware is essentially exactly the same as the PC. The operating system isn't worth that much to me. When I save up some cash for a Mac, I always end up changing my mind and putting it towards something else (and we don't finance, at all). I'm just not that attached to the features that I like on the Mac. My boss builds PC/Mac hybrids that run both operating systems. I'd kinda like to get my hands on one of those.