View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Like everyone here, I've been told no SO many times. It's never easy...

Some you apply to the first time just so they can recognize your name and watch you grow and blossom. They'll know you love their designs. If they have challenges, participate in them. Give them every opportunity to get to know you.

Applying for a guest call is an excellent way to get a feel for whether you are a good fit for a certain designer. Sometime you don't know until you see how their deadlines work with your own personal schedule.

Like others have said, I believe designers are often looking to fill voids in their team that are style specific. They could already have several team members that create in a style like yours. But somewhere out there is a designer that needs someone just like you. I say don't be afraid to apply to a designer whose personal style is perhaps minimalist when you might not be. I can say that worked for me! She wanted someone who was a little different so potential buyers might have a little glimpse into their own style in her CT gallery.

It took me well over a year to get my first CT. Don't stop trying. Don't think you're not good enough (because we are all the absolute BEST person to tell our own stories, there is NO ONE that can do that better than we can), think of it as just not a good fit right now.