View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In a shoe store once I overheard a man at the end of the aisle say "you must be their (pointing at my children who were playing with a little display) daddy, they look just like you". As I rounded the corner he turned and said "oh my gosh! YOU have got to be their mom!" then went on to say how they are both such a perfect mixture of the two of us. He said he had never saw children look so much like their parents in that way. It surprised me at the time.

When DD was born she looked nothing like me. She had curls and hazel eyes and that's the closest she got to looking anything like me. She didn't look like her dad either. She looked like my step-son. She was almost identical to his newborn photo. In fact, several people thought the newborn photo of him WAS her.

As she grew, her eyes turned brown and her brown hair turned red, then settled back to a reddish brown. She really looked like my niece (on my husband's side). Some of their toddler pictures are hard to tell apart.

When my son came along, I couldn't make out why he looked like at all. The first time my IL's saw him they said he looks just like my husband. It took a while before I could see it, but he does look like his dad. He has red hair, freckles and my pale skin but the rest of him is all his dad. My daughter has her dad's coloring and eyes and looks like him in a lot of other ways. Every now and then I see a little glimpse of myself in her though.

I don't mind that they don't look like me. I know they are mine, that's all that counts.