Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Valentine treats (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98310)

bienejen 02-14-2024 04:30 PM

Valentine treats

Did you do anything special for anyone or did anyone do anything special for you? Or even better, did you do anything special for yourself today?

bienejen 02-14-2024 04:31 PM

It's not a big day in our house but I took the afternoon off and I'm baking cookies for the boys and taking myself out for a massage tonight.

KristinCB 02-14-2024 04:40 PM

my husband and teenage son made me chocolate covered strawberries! my absolute favooourites. I'm not a huge sweets person but dark chocolate and strawberries have to be the absolute best combination.

lorigaud 02-14-2024 05:34 PM

I got a couple of treats at school. I made brownies with extra chocolate chips for my boys (24 and 22). Thought about doing chocolate covered strawberries but decided brownies were easier lol.

3BluEyedBabi 02-14-2024 06:54 PM

My husband got me a pink miniature rose that I wanted and Valentine's Day cupcakes. He is making steak & scallops for dinner. Since we've had kids, I really can't remember the last time we went out for Valentine's Day, but he has always cooked a steak and seafood dinner for all of us. My 16-year-old son has his first girlfriend & he got her a collection of Lego flowers, chocolates, and a card, and they are going to get Chinese takeout for dinner at her house. He is so cute! Since my daughter is away at college, it's just my husband, my 13yo son, and me this year for our steak dinner. Nice & lowkey.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

LynnZant 02-14-2024 07:04 PM

I had baked and decorated cookies for my daughter's club's bake sale today. I actually bought one of the cookies that I made to get them started. :blink:

cherrygutz 02-14-2024 07:17 PM

My husband works from home and today he was busy the whole morning he doesn't have the time to buy something. So when we head out to have a late lunch, we went straight to the shop to buy flowers. He always buy Kylie and I flowers. But today, I get to choose Kylie a cute mug with chocolates and little balloon. And I chose my flowers. Then we bought a cheesecake.

lovely1m 02-14-2024 10:11 PM

I got my son a taco bell gift card, jelly belly jelly beans, & a dino cookie. My dog got a doggy bakery cookie & some no-hide chews. My husband got heart-shaped reeses and beef jerky. I also stopped at Papa Murphy's and got a heart-shaped pizza. My husband said, "oh, we were doing something for Valentine's Day?" So I stopped at my favorite bakery and got myself 2 cookies. lol

AmieN1 02-14-2024 10:37 PM

We had cut up berries with dark chocolate for dessert last night! Today at work, we had referring offices gift us all sorts of treats- our staff room at our dental office had: an Italian Soda basket, box of Crumble cookies, box of Bundtlets, Oreos & Milk basket & all of us got our normal coffee orders from one of our drs at our morning meeting. SO much terrible for your teeth treats! lol

tjscraps 02-14-2024 10:47 PM

Hubby brought me home flowers and a card, and we ordered in for supper. We don't usually do too much!

bienejen 02-15-2024 10:49 AM

All your food items sound sooo good, esp the chocolate covered strawberries, Crumbl cookies and the steak and scallops!!!

Lynn - I love your son's gift choices! Lego flowers never wilt!!!