Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you miss CT calls? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97110)

LJSDesigns 05-08-2023 01:50 PM

Do you miss CT calls?

I noticed that no one had a CT call this weekend. Back when I was scrapping, before I started designing, iNSD and DSD meant CT calls. I remember waiting, like the fan girl I was, to see who would have one. So, I wondered, and therefore have to ask, were any of you looking for a call to happen or is being on a CT not as big a deal as it was "back in the day." LOL

Lidia G 05-08-2023 02:16 PM

I was kind of hoping to see one :)

bienejen 05-08-2023 02:19 PM

I hadn't made the correlation this year until you mentioned it, but yes, I always looked forward to that! In the last few years, I've really been excited by guest spots as that seems to fit better in my schedule these days.

aussiegirl 05-08-2023 02:32 PM

I enjoy CT calls and look forward to them! I would currently only be looking for guest spots, especially since Summer means all my girls are home and scrapping time may be limited. But I still enjoy them and enjoying trying new teams!

lorigaud 05-08-2023 07:01 PM

Oh yes! Remember when we all used to stalk the CT calls? (No, just me? Haha!) I would love a guest spot here and there these days... haven't seen anything posted recently.

joelsgirl 05-08-2023 07:57 PM

Honestly, I don't. At one point in my life, I was on 13 creative teams, and scrapping felt like such a chore. It was hard because I loved all my designers, but I've realized that I really like scrapping for myself whenever I want. The downside is that I don't scrap nearly as much as I used to.

bcnatty 05-08-2023 08:32 PM

I definitely miss CT calls!!

rach3975 05-08-2023 10:12 PM

Not really. When my kids were younger and I had lots of photos, I could work with almost any kit and still create pages I wanted in my albums. Now I have fewer photos and a much more chronological scrapping progress--I have trouble making challenges work for the pages I want to scrap, never mind CT kits!

Josie 05-09-2023 12:08 AM

Yes! I definitely miss CT calls. I would love to create for more designers.

nietis 05-09-2023 01:46 AM

Sometimes I do miss the euphoria of CT calls that happened years ago.

However, I do somewhat settle with being a babe these past few years because of the circumstances that happened in my life and I am loving it as it is just the right amount that works in my life.

Stefanie 05-09-2023 02:44 AM

I miss CT calls too, there are certainly more designers I would love to create for, here.

LynnZant 05-09-2023 08:54 AM

I remember those days! They were fun and exciting; however, they were probably a lot of work for the designers having to sort through all the applicants.

LJSDesigns 05-09-2023 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1063132982)
I remember those days! They were fun and exciting; however, they were probably a lot of work for the designers having to sort through all the applicants.

When I becames a designer, I couldn't wait to have a CT call. I just seemed like it would be so exciting and fun, but you are right, it is a lot of HARD work. Choosing/Rejecting people is the hardest thing to do because everyone scraps from the heart, which I respect and appreciate. Also, scrapbooking is art and judging art is always a subjective thing and not easily explained.

I did miss the excitement of the big announcements and anticipation that surrounds the calls, but I myself haven't had one in a while for the reasons I mention above and because I have a great team now.

JillW 05-09-2023 01:31 PM

I definitely miss CT calls! I always loved to see them, but at the same time, stressed myself out worrying once I'd applied! LOL!
I'm really really hoping to see a Babe call here @ SSD someday soon!! That would be my dream CT gig!

lovely1m 05-10-2023 09:04 PM

Once upon a time, they were great because I did not have the money to buy the kits I wanted so I could instead exchange my work for what I wanted. Plus I had a lot more time to CT. But it started to feel like I wasn't enjoying it as much anymore. So I cut way back and only created for some favorites. Now I do not have the time to do more than one guest spot a year at most. And most of the time I don't even do that. It was fun back in the day though.

EvelynD2 05-10-2023 11:43 PM

Yes, CT calls would have been great at INSD! I know how exciting it is to join a team you’ve been wanting to join! I am blessed to be on the CT of amazing designers!❤️

tjscraps 05-10-2023 11:50 PM

I don't think I ever made the connection about them being on iNSD lol But yes, I do miss CT calls and Guest CT calls.

liriel 05-11-2023 07:07 AM

Definitely miss seeing the calls for CT or Guest CT members.

lizziej 05-13-2023 11:34 AM

I used to look forward to them, but not any more. I have so many supplies that I've never used, and I want to be able to scrap with whatever I want to.