Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's your worst scrapping skill? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88900)

Txcorey 04-18-2018 05:28 PM

I feel like my biggest issue lately is just starting a page. Sometimes just choosing what to scrap, picking out the photos, and finding a template is my biggest challenge. Once I get that done, I'm usually ok and can roll with it. That's my biggest frustration these days!

adi&co. 04-18-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubia Padilha (Post 1062915382)
Clusters! I just can't do they look nice enough as some of the girls are able to do. lol

Yes! My clusters are just not as pretty to look at as some of the ladies in here

craftytam 04-19-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 1062915475)
I am also bad at titles (WHY DO PAGES EVEN NEED A TITLE?? WHO THOUGHT OF THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!).

I totally agree!! I often don't use a title because I can't think of anything creative. I love when a kit has title word art!

Neverland Scraps 04-19-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062915439)
Next time use the polygonal lasso tool and just fill with a solid ... 4 clicks (well 5 if you count the fill, lol) and you've got yourself an exact replica!

And you know what I JUST figured out today.....you can use that polygonal lasso tool to make a work path for your journaling! :blink:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

Before your comment, I would have done it the hard way. But today, I figured out how to do it in just a few clicks. I never knew that about that tool. It's a "new to me" tool! So thank you again!!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/d6...1bd5c03402.jpg

Leablahblah 04-19-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062915692)
And you know what I JUST figured out today.....you can use that polygonal lasso tool to make a work path for your journaling! :blink:

hmm HOW?? I can't figure it out.

imperio 04-19-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyanne (Post 1062915388)
Titles. I always wait until the end and by then I just don't care as much? I never seem to get the sizing right, and sometimes I pick really lame words, usually something like "_______ Fun!" Fill in that blank! So boring, really.

Same here. Also journaling.

imperio 04-19-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luan37 (Post 1062915733)
hmm HOW?? I can't figure it out.

I don't use the polygon lasso tool but instead the pen tool.
Just trace your desired shape with it and "close" the path. Then select your text tool and hover over the shape you just made and the T symbol will appear with a circle around it. I use it when my clusters are too big. It works with any shape.

I just made a small vid in case lol https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhxeq8_gDF2/

I got the question right e_e right?

SeattleSheri 04-19-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imperio (Post 1062915753)
Just trace your desired shape with it and "close" the path. Then select your text tool and hover over the shape you just made and the T symbol will appear with a circle around it. I use it when my clusters are too big. It works with any shape.

That's great you whipped up a video!

I have an old school tutorial from 2011.
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...ext-on-a-path/

The only difference with using the pen tool vs. the lasso tool when making a text path is the lasso tool requires you to convert the selection to a path before you add text. For simple-shaped text paths, I like using the shape tool because you can change the mode to directly make a path vs. a filled shape. There are so many ways to do the same thing in PS!

aussiegirl 04-20-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlekiwi (Post 1062915511)
ooh just remembered my other scrappy challenge......clustering (again love them but cant do them)

When I was starting to work on my clusters and get them to look better (it's still a work in progress), I would sometimes create them in a new canvas. I would create a little cluster adding things here and there. I would add shadows and flatten it. Than I would move it onto my layout and place it where I wanted my cluster, and resize it to make it look better. It was easier to work on a cluster off from my page, so I could play with it more. It's something you could try! Than you can also save it with the kit for future uses!

NeverendingJen 04-20-2018 10:59 AM

extractions. but I also have zero desire to get better at them as they just aren't my style.

adi&co. 04-20-2018 11:03 AM

I must be the only one who loves journaling and titles haha

NeverendingJen 04-20-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi&co. (Post 1062915826)

Nope. Journaling and complicated titles are some of my favorite parts.

anelia 04-20-2018 11:54 AM

I find clustering the easiest and most pleasurable to do :)

aussiegirl 04-20-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

I like journaling, just not big on titles! :)

monia13 04-20-2018 01:51 PM

For my it's shadowing. I think my shadows are pretty much random.
I don' t journal. I never know what to say.
... and I am so clueless about some of the terminology mentioned is previous posts... what is paper stacking and why would you use pen tool? What is blocking?

LeeAndra 04-20-2018 02:00 PM

Journaling is my favorite part, Adi! I know I'm good at that!

I rarely make titles. I stick a piece of wordart on there and count that as a title though I agree with KCB that pages don't really need titles, anyways.

ellasspace 04-20-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anelia (Post 1062915833)
I find clustering the easiest and most pleasurable to do :)

Me too! I could cluster the whole page if it were not too over the top ;P I’m sure I’ve been accused of going overboard a time or two lol

Leablahblah 04-20-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imperio (Post 1062915753)

Thank you this is perfect!
And thank you Sheri for sharing your tutorial too!

rach3975 04-20-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

I love journaling, just not titles!

dinahfig 04-25-2018 12:15 PM

Me too!! I have sooo many photos that are not organized well. That plus my disorganized stash of templates and kits makes it hard to find something that will work. LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txcorey (Post 1062915553)
I feel like my biggest issue lately is just starting a page. Sometimes just choosing what to scrap, picking out the photos, and finding a template is my biggest challenge. Once I get that done, I'm usually ok and can roll with it. That's my biggest frustration these days!

misfitinmn 04-25-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 1062915475)
This is me, too. Coming up with a design ruins the fun of scrapping for me, but using a template is like completing a puzzle: I feel so happy when it all comes together in the end!

This x198123795872973. THIS IS SO ME. I just don't enjoy coming up with a page design.

OH! And add me to the journaling lovers. I also love doing titles but I don't do it nearly as often as I used to. I don't know why though.

aurian 04-30-2018 08:23 AM

Using feather elements. I can never place them realistically without them looking awkward! (and flags/penants a close second)

jaye 04-30-2018 02:11 PM

journaling I struggle with, yet I talk a lot. I have issues with getting the words on paper in organized thoughts I am random. . . .squirrel. . .and then it feels like I'm all over the place. . . squirrel. . .

mixing fonts, I love how some people can just do it and it looks amazing. I get lost in my gazillion fonts and then just use the same ones, lol.

not good at extractions, wanted to really learn but now I find I'm not that interested in doing well at it.

also not a big fan of titles, again not worried about being better at them

ChristineF 05-02-2018 03:10 PM

I need everything to be just right. I over fuss about a page and it usually takes me forever to finish.

KarenG50 05-04-2018 03:55 AM

Journaling. I either write heaps or very little