Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So who's snowed in? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80269)

Valgal 02-02-2015 12:38 PM

So who's snowed in?

I'm in S.E. Michigan and we got hammered. 13 inches. Needless to say school is cancelled and probably tomorrow too because we have a lot of back roads that take forever to plow. It's really pretty, but one of my kids got stranded at a friend's house last night and I had to shovel out a spot for my short-legged doggie to pee, lol! They couldn't even get out of the door.

msbamf2you 02-02-2015 12:44 PM

15 here! yay for blizzards! we lost our awning while i was under it. i had the screen door open asking mark if he needed water etc... crazy storm ^_^

Gemma 02-02-2015 12:48 PM

We've had less than an inch of snow all winter, they forecast it but it never happens lol.

JennNtheBoys 02-02-2015 01:36 PM

ME!!! Got about 2 feet tuesday/wednesday.... got another 2 feet friday.... still not cleaned up from that... and here it is Monday, and we are under another winter storm watch and guess what?!?! It's SNOWING! Ugh...... we are very quickly running out of space to put the snow during clean up! at the end of our driveway we have a lot with enough space to park about 10 vehicles.... right now we don't have enough space to turn our 1 around. I love having snow, but this is getting to be too much even for me.

Valgal 02-02-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbamf2you (Post 1062731059)
15 here! yay for blizzards! we lost our awning while i was under it. i had the screen door open asking mark if he needed water etc... crazy storm ^_^

You mean you were under it and it blew off?

Valgal 02-02-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys (Post 1062731099)
ME!!! Got about 2 feet tuesday/wednesday.... got another 2 feet friday.... still not cleaned up from that... and here it is Monday, and we are under another winter storm watch and guess what?!?! It's SNOWING! Ugh...... we are very quickly running out of space to put the snow during clean up! at the end of our driveway we have a lot with enough space to park about 10 vehicles.... right now we don't have enough space to turn our 1 around. I love having snow, but this is getting to be too much even for me.

We make our boys park on the street, but we made sure all the vehicles were in the driveway last night so that if the street plow comes through they wouldn't be buried. Of course... no one has been by to plow yet. :thumbdown:

eranslow 02-02-2015 01:43 PM

We got about a foot but it stopped mid-day yesterday so schools only had a delay. It's absolutely gorgeous out though! I'm semi tempted to take a walk just to take snow photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msbamf2you 02-02-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valgal (Post 1062731105)
You mean you were under it and it blew off?

sure was! screen door caught corner of it and kept it from cutting me in half lol final destination stuff right there :w00t:

mariewilcox 02-02-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys (Post 1062731099)

Yeah, I'm in the same region as Jenn and we've been buried for about a week now and getting another 16" or so today/tonight. It's kind of crazy even for here. The snow banks are crazy high everywhere and we're on our 3rd no school day in less than a week :thumbdown:

lauren grier 02-02-2015 02:13 PM

We are still buried too. Connor is about to go outside and try to clear off our stoop. It's been going back and forth between sleet and snow all day. So it's going to be lovely if we don't get this stuff up ASAP.

mariewilcox 02-02-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauren grier (Post 1062731121)
We are still buried too. Connor is about to go outside and try to clear off our stoop. It's been going back and forth between sleet and snow all day. So it's going to be lovely if we don't get this stuff up ASAP.

Thankfully our last few storms have been way too cold for the mixed crap - nothing worse than heavy wet snow topped with an inch of ice! :w00t:

LeeAndra 02-02-2015 02:28 PM

I'm here in Indy, and we only got an inch or two, but my parents, who are in Northern Indiana, got 14 inches as of last night.

YepBrook 02-02-2015 02:35 PM

I'm not even going to say what it's like here right now. :blink:

Jjriward 02-02-2015 02:48 PM

Me! I could cry. Of the last 5 school days, 4 of them have been snow days. I'm ready to strangle my kids and there is NO more room for snow. We must have gotten 3.5-4 ft in the past week.

nesser1981 02-02-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valgal (Post 1062731055)
I'm in S.E. Michigan and we got hammered. 13 inches. Needless to say school is cancelled and probably tomorrow too because we have a lot of back roads that take forever to plow. It's really pretty, but one of my kids got stranded at a friend's house last night and I had to shovel out a spot for my short-legged doggie to pee, lol! They couldn't even get out of the door.

We got about 11 inches over in Lenawee County. School was canceled, I kind of expect it to be tomorrow, unless they can get all the country roads cleared out.

Kiana 02-02-2015 03:33 PM

We're in S.W. Michigan...and we got BURIED in it, with the wind and snow drifts it was over 2 ft at our garage and front door.

Took us (me and hubby) 2 hours to dig out our driveway, needless to say he isn't going to work today! lol.

Plows didn't come through until after 10am.

JennNtheBoys 02-02-2015 03:56 PM

here's what it looks like out my door...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...d.jpg~original

and I think there are vehicles out there in the yard somewhere......LOL

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...9.jpg~original

carrie1977 02-02-2015 04:53 PM

I just came back from my walk and I'm sweating! It's a beautiful 70 degrees here in Cali. :p

Valgal 02-02-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbamf2you (Post 1062731109)
sure was! screen door caught corner of it and kept it from cutting me in half lol final destination stuff right there :w00t:

Final Destination... :D:D:D

catgoddess 02-02-2015 05:04 PM

70 and sunny here, too. I don't know what you people are talking about... lol

Valgal 02-02-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys (Post 1062731174)
here's what it looks like out my door...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...d.jpg~original

and I think there are vehicles out there in the yard somewhere......LOL

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...9.jpg~original

Hooooly crap!!

rach3975 02-02-2015 05:09 PM

I'm jealous! We keep getting very cold, dry days, then the days they forecast snow it's warm and we get rain or snow that doesn't accumulate. Even so, the kids haven't had a full week of school since December..grrr. They're home for a teacher workday today.

tanyiadeskins 02-02-2015 05:11 PM

73 here today. :P

glumirk 02-02-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariewilcox (Post 1062731110)
Yeah, I'm in the same region as Jenn and we've been buried for about a week now and getting another 16" or so today/tonight. It's kind of crazy even for here. The snow banks are crazy high everywhere and we're on our 3rd no school day in less than a week :thumbdown:

Same here. And we have ALL been sick, so cleanup, which we usually don't mind, has been horrible since we are weak anyway. At least my son has had some rest while he's been sick instead of missing school.

staciahall 02-02-2015 06:52 PM

73 like Tanyia said... it did rain for about an hour if that makes you feel any better about us ;)

MamaBee 02-02-2015 08:57 PM

the storm went just south of us... for being in Wisconsin, we have very little snow. My son is very disappointed - he loves the snow and is annoyed there isn't much out there to play.

lovely1m 02-02-2015 09:12 PM

Would you believe we have no snow here in Fargo? Like none. It's crazy. We haven't gotten more than an inch at a time all winter and then it's gotten warm enough to melt the tiny amount we have gotten. I could take this winter every year.