Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Windows Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96482)

3BluEyedBabi 12-01-2022 10:10 PM

Windows Upgrade from 8.1 to 10

So I've been using Windows 8.1 forever because well, I don't like change! I upgraded when windows 10 first came out and I didn't like it so I changed right back to 8.1, but now that Windows is no longer going to be supporting Windows 8.1, I'm going to try to update my old computer. I unplugged my two portable hard drives, and I do have everything backed up on Backblaze, but I'm hoping that everything comes out ok at the end of the upgrade and that the new upgrade doesn't drive me nuts. Any pros or cons you can share about Windows 10? Okay, that's all for now! Fingers crossed it all goes well....
:unsure:

rach3975 12-01-2022 10:17 PM

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly and that you don't mind 10. I like 10, but I will put off the update to 11 until I eventually need a new computer and can't avoid it any longer!

LynnZant 12-01-2022 10:37 PM

Good luck! I stopped being able to see my folder previews when I went to 10. Windows support wasn't any help.

AmieN1 12-02-2022 01:20 AM

I'm an insider program for windows (just means I test updates before they go wide release) and purely because I wanted folder previews back. It's not like previous versions- but it IS something. I think a lot of people gave feedback on that one! There are a lot of things that I do love in 10 tho- the opening of tabs in folders, the multi view on the screens & more I probably can't think of! ;)

3BluEyedBabi 12-02-2022 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1063117296)
Good luck! I stopped being able to see my folder previews when I went to 10. Windows support wasn't any help.

YES! I remember now that that was one major reason I went back to Windows 8. I'm so glad they updated that!

3BluEyedBabi 12-02-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmieN1 (Post 1063117371)
I'm an insider program for windows (just means I test updates before they go wide release) and purely because I wanted folder previews back. It's not like previous versions- but it IS something. I think a lot of people gave feedback on that one! There are a lot of things that I do love in 10 tho- the opening of tabs in folders, the multi view on the screens & more I probably can't think of! ;)

That's so neat that you are a Windows Insider!! I used to be a Disney Insider where I did some surveys for them on various promotions. I'm so glad they fixed the ability to be able to see the preview of the folder again! I have everything updated now and so far so good!

NeverendingJen 12-02-2022 10:26 PM

Windows 10 is pretty awesome. 11 is meh....I hate some of the changes they made (folder preview etc)