Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New laptop!!! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98351)

aussiegirl 02-20-2024 04:17 PM

New laptop!!!

We just ordered 3 new laptops, 2 for 2 of my girls (the youngest and oldest needed new ones) and a new one for me!! So excited! This thing is barely holding on! The wifi quit, so I have to be plugged into the router, I believe the video card may be going (which could be why I couldn't see some images during challenges). If it gets shut down, it will reset or change some of my setting when it is turned on!

Excited for a new one that hopefully will last a LONG time! This one crashed back in 2020 and my FIL rebuilt it, but if is just having too many issues.

lovely1m 02-20-2024 06:16 PM

Congrats! Mine is getting very old but still doing well so far. It no longer has any battery life though at all.

JillW 02-20-2024 06:18 PM

Oh that's going to be so fun!! I caved and purchased a new one last fall and just love it ... I'm sure you'll be amazed at how FAST it will be!! Enjoy!!

lorigaud 02-21-2024 09:30 AM

How exciting!

tjscraps 02-21-2024 11:07 AM

That's so exciting!!! I was looking at a new one last year and decided to wait, but mine is so slow now I'm wishing I had bit the bullet when we had the extra $ lol

bienejen 02-21-2024 12:45 PM

How exciting!!!!! That's impressive you got 4 extra years out of your old one!

nietis 02-22-2024 02:05 AM

Yay for a new laptop!! It is always exciting to have a new and fast running machine!

aussiegirl 03-13-2024 04:52 PM

New computers are great, but not!

This thing has a learning curve, and it took me a whole day to get my photoshop shadows reloaded and set up how I like them (I'm guessing there was an easier way to do this??)

I haven't done a huge, multi layer layout yet, and the handful of layouts I've done, aren't my favorites! I will get the hang of this. But for now, it's taking a while!

If anyone has any tips or hints, I am open to suggestions!

laurabobaura 03-13-2024 05:30 PM

exciting! :)

AshleyMilfd 03-13-2024 09:44 PM

I am still on the fence between a laptop or IPad. I am super intimidated by the photoshop learning curve but iOS has a huge one too. I've become stagnate with my very primitive android app and want to do more but I'm afraid of making the investment on something I hate or can't get the hang of.

nietis 03-14-2024 01:13 AM

I think you just need to take your time to be familiar with your new machine and software. It always happens to everyone when they get new computer/software.
I just updated my photoshop from 2023 to the 2024 yesterday and I still couldn't get the hang of how they moved around some of the options. It keeps catching me by surprise when I scrap and slowing me down...

aussiegirl 03-15-2024 01:06 PM

Thank you ladies! I'm not giving up...just trying to get through!